Make the perfect Mojito
50ml White Rum
1 fresh lime juice
6-8 fresh mint leaves
25ml sugar syrup or 1 tsp granulated sugar
Dash of soda water
To Garnish: Sprig of Fresh Mint
You will need:
A long spoon
A tall glass
1. Put 3 lime wedges into a long glass, then add the sugar syrup or 1 tsp granulated sugar and muddle them to get the juice out.
2. Put the mint leaves on one hand and clap, (this releases the aroma) then drop them in the glass. Use a muddler to gently push the mint down into the lime juice
3. Half fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the white rum. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves
4. Top up with crushed ice, a splash of the soda water and garnish it with a sprig of mint
5. Enjoy in a sunny spot with your feet up!